If you have been looking for best bedding for your queen size bed to make your bedroom look fashionable and give you cozy, good night sleep, it’s time you get a queen size duvet and duvet cover. Yes, they can be a little fussy to change, but queen duvet covers for your queen size bed
How to Use a Duvet Cover - A Detailed Guide
Are you bored with your bed? Changing the mattress to a brand-new one or replacing the frame will have a huge impact on the aesthetics of your room! However, if you are looking for another way that doesn’t involve big purchases or drastic measures, a duvet cover may be your best bet. You can instantly transform the look of your bed layout as often as you want with this simple modification.
A duvet cover works just like a pillowcase, but instead of a pillow, it is used as a casing for a duvet. A duvet is a lightweight version of the comforter that can be filled with feathers, down, or down alternative materials. It usually feels fluffier than a comforter. Duvet covers are designed specifically to keep the duvet underneath protected from accidental spills and the accumulation of dust, sweat, and other debris. Duvet covers come in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so they also have decorative benefits, allowing you to alter the look of your bed setup as often as you please. The cover may come with a zipper, snap, or button enclosure to keep the duvet intact and the cover in its proper position.
Benefits of Using a Duvet Cover
Convenient Cleaning and Maintenance
Duvets can be difficult to clean and maintain because some of them are not suitable for machine washing. In some cases, you will need to have the duvet dry cleaned, which can be a time-consuming task that can also take out a chunk from your regular budget. A duvet cover, on the other hand, can easily be machine washed when necessary. This means you can effortlessly keep your duvet properly maintained without needing to have the duvet itself cleaned. Even if your duvet can be machine washed, it will still be much easier to clean a lightweight cover compared to maneuvering a heavy and bulky duvet in and out of the washer and dryer. By cleaning and/or replacing the duvet cover on a regular basis, you can keep the duvet inside cleaner for a longer period of time, so you can maximize its features and extend the life of the duvet itself.
Protects the Duvet
The duvet cover offers a secure encasement over the duvet, keeping it protected from accidental spills that may occur when you bring a beverage to bed or when other substances are spilled on the surface. It can also provide an extra layer of protection to the duvet by preventing it from getting scratched, torn, or damaged by sharp objects. The duvet also protects the duvet from getting extremely dirty from being exposed to skin cells that have been shed, sweat, saliva, and other substances that can be found in a bed setting.
Quick Enhancements to Bed Aesthetics
A duvet cover can be changed as often as you want. This means you also have the opportunity to alter the aesthetics of your bed whenever you wish by simply replacing the duvet cover! This will easily and affordably freshen up the look of your sleeping area, and the great news is these covers are available in a wide range of colors and prints to match your style and comfort preference. You can go as plain or as bold as you want to. This change will take only a few minutes and should save you a lot of money as compared to changing out the entire bed or some of its other elements.
The duvet cover may have the same weight and size as your bed’s flat sheet. When not being used, the cover can be folded neatly and then stored properly while taking up only a small amount of space in your closet.
How to Put on a Duvet Cover
- Place the duvet on your bed so that it becomes completely flat on the surface. Make sure that the short sides and their corners are within your reach from either the foot or the head of the bed.
- Check the enclosure (zippers, buttons, or snaps) of the duvet cover to ensure that the side where they are placed is open. Turn the duvet cover inside out and make sure that all the corners are not bunched up and are pushed out all the way. You can also shake the cover to ensure the seams are correctly aligned.
- Place your hands inside the turned out duvet cover and position them on the top two corners. Make sure you hold onto these corners firmly.
- While holding onto the cover’s corners, reach out and hold onto the top two corners of the comforter. At this point, you should now be holding the top two corners of both the inside-out cover and the duvet.
- Flip the duvet cover to its right side so that the duvet is now inside. You may need to shake the cover so that it completely covers the duvet. Hold onto the corners to ensure that the duvet fits properly inside the cover.
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and place it on your bed. Make sure the side with the opening is at the foot of the bed.
- Position the duvet so that it lays flat. Tie each corner of the duvet to the cover using the built-in loops and ties; if these are not available, you can use makeshift ties to hold the two pieces together.
- Beginning at the top of the bed, start rolling the duvet cover and the duvet together towards the foot of the bed.
- When you reach the bottom, pull the duvet cover right side out so that it covers the entire roll. You can fasten the buttons, snaps, or other enclosure to form a burrito shape.
- Start unrolling the burrito slowly towards the top side of the bed. As you go along, it would be best to gently straighten the duvet cover (with the duvet already inside) so the entire package falls perfectly on top of the bed.
- A duvet cover is designed to cover the duvet so that it will be protected from dirt, accidental spills, and other items that can cause damage to the duvet.
- The duvet cover is machine washable and can be used to keep the duvet clean and well-maintained without the need to have the duvet itself cleaned regularly.
- A duvet cover comes in a variety of colors and prints, offering a quick and affordable way of changing the appearance of the bed setup without any drastic alterations involved.
- The cover weighs as much as a flat sheet so it can easily be stored even in small corners of the closet when it is not being used.
- There are two quick ways to put on a duvet cover: the traditional method that starts with the cover turned inside out, and the burrito method that involves rolling together the duvet cover and duvet.
Q: Why is it important to have a duvet cover?
A: A duvet cover keeps the down comforter protected from dirt and damage. The cover can help prolong the life of the duvet even when it is not cleaned on a regular basis.
Q: How can a duvet cover help with the appearance of the bed?
A: Duvet covers are available in a wide range of colors and prints. You can easily change the look of your bed by replacing the duvet cover with one that matches your needs or mood at any given time. This way, you can go about aesthetic alteration quickly and affordably.
Q: Is a duvet cover machine washable?
A: Yes, most duvet covers are machine washable. They are as lightweight as flat sheets so they can easily be handled for washing when necessary.
Q: Can a duvet be placed inside the cover easily?
A: Yes, there are two quick ways to put on a duvet cover – the traditional and the burrito methods – that can both be managed by one person.
Duvet covers are designed to keep the duvet protected from spills, dirt accumulation, and damage so that the duvet’s life can be prolonged. The cover can also be used to instantly enhance the look of the bed without making drastic changes or shelling out huge amounts of money. Knowing how to use and properly put on a duvet cover can help you take full advantage of the benefits of the duvet in the best way possible. Duvet covers are a great and practical way to not only add a little spice to your bedroom but also extend the life of your bed!
Diva Portal – http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1081315/FULLTEXT01.pdf
National Fire Protection Association – https://www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Publications-and-media/NFPA-Journal/2014/March-April-2014/Features/Dry-Cleaning
Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine – https://www.jabfm.org/content/25/6/878
Sleep Health Journal – https://www.sleephealthjournal.org/article/S2352-7218(14)00013-8/fulltext
Places Journal – https://placesjournal.org/article/closet-archive/?cn-reloaded=1
American Psychological Association – https://psycnet.apa.org/record/1990-28897-001
Like this article?
Share It With Others
Learn More About Duvet Cover
When we search for duvets or duvets inserts there is a lot of confusion over the terminology itself. Duvet cover or Duvet insert or Duvet or sometimes Comforter, these terms are often confusing to buyers who just want to warm up their nights and sleep cozily. Often most of these terms are used interchangeably but
After purchasing a new bed, it is confusing for anyone to consider an appropriate duvet cover due to the number of options available. The following information provided below will be helpful for anyone to learn about the high-quality duvet covers are available in the market. Although they are obtainable in diverse sizes, we will be