BedStory is a relatively new brand in the mattress industry. The manufacturer behind this brand, though, has been in the business for more than 35 years. The BedStory brand is dedicated to providing high-quality products that will help you sleep better at night.
The brand’s products include a wide variety of mattresses, toppers, and pillows, all made with advanced technology and exceptional design. Only premium materials are used by BedStory, and each product undergoes strict quality control. This way, you can be sure that you’ll enjoy long-lasting comfort and durability from the mattress or accessory you choose.
With BedStory mattresses, toppers, or pillows on your bed, you’ll wake up feeling well-rested and refreshed. This way, you can be more productive and energetic during the day.
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress is just one of the five mattresses currently offered by the brand. The mattress is part of BedStory’s memory foam line and is the only BedStory mattress to offer an infusion of bamboo charcoal. The mattress combines various types of foam and infusions of cooling gel and bamboo charcoal to offer utmost comfort.
Material and Construction
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress is an all-foam mattress. It features multiple layers of memory foam, convoluted foam, and high-density foam, all of which work together to provide you the comfort and support you need for a good night’s sleep. What’s unique about this BedStory mattress is that its memory foam layers have an infusion of bamboo charcoal.
The 12-inch thickness of this BedStory foam mattress is composed of 3 inches of memory foam infused with cooling gel and bamboo charcoal, 3 inches of convoluted foam, and 6 inches of high-density foam for a base layer. These layers make for a mattress that contours to your body and keeps your spine neutrally aligned.
As the mattress’ comfort layer, the top layer is made from high-quality memory foam. The viscoelastic memory foam gives the mattress a softer surface, and you’ll immediately feel the difference even just touching the mattress’ surface. What makes this comfort layer different is that it offers infusions of both cooling gel and bamboo charcoal. The cooling gel infusion is designed to draw heat away from the body and absorb it, greatly improving comfort especially for hot sleepers.
The bamboo charcoal infusion is what makes this BedStory product unique among the brand’s other mattresses. Bamboo charcoal is currently a popular addition to mattresses, as it’s reported to have abilities that boost comfort and improve the mattress’ hygienic qualities.
Bamboo charcoal is created when pieces of bamboo plants at least five years old are burned at incredibly high temperatures (800 to 1200 degrees Celsius). The resulting charcoal has fibers that are highly breathable and absorbent of moisture, odors, and toxins. The material has been used in China as early as 1486, but it’s only currently gaining popularity as an addition to mattresses.
The support layer of the BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress includes two types of foam: convoluted foam and and high-density foam. These foam layers are typically firmer than memory foam, so they’ll provide sufficient support. This means you’ll get the right balance of sink and bounce from this mattress.
The convoluted foam layer features peaks and valleys – like an egg crate – that is usually more lightweight than solid layers of foam. The ridged design also allows for improved airflow throughout the mattress, making it more comfortable to sleep on.
The base layer of this BedStory mattress is made from high-density foam. This is the firmest layer of the mattress’ three foam layers. High-density foam makes for an excellent foundation for this mattress and ensures that this memory foam mattress offers sufficient edge support. The firm base layer also allows the mattress to adequately support heavier sleepers.
Wrapped around all these foam layers is a plush breathable cover that’s soft to the touch. The breathability of the soft-touch cover helps maintain the mattress’ freshness and cleanliness through the years.
|BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Memory Foam Mattress – Highlights|
|Warranty:||10 years, limited warranty|
|Sizes Available:||Twin 75″ L x 39″ W x 14″ H
Full 75″ L x 54″ W x 14″ H
Queen 80″ L x 60″ W x 14″ H
King 80″ L x 76″ W x 14″ H
|Ideal for:||All types of sleepers, hot sleepers, allergy sufferers|
|Quality of Materials:||Premium memory foam|
|Differentiators||Bamboo charcoal-infused memory foam|
|Comparable Mattresses:||Zinus 12-Inch Green Tea Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Olee Sleep 10-Inch Gel-Infused Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Comfort & Ergonomics
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress is designed to provide superior comfort and support for any sleeper. The mattress uses a combination of high-quality foams to give you a good balance of sink and bounce. Infusions of cooling gel and bamboo charcoal also help make the mattress more comfortable to use.
This BedStory mattress has a comfort layer that’s made from premium memory foam so you can expect to sleep on a surface that cradles your body. The memory foam is designed to slowly adjust to your body weight and temperature as you lay on it. This way, you can be sure that the mattress’ surface will conform to your body’s shape, following your curves whether you sleep on your back, side, or stomach.
By contouring to your body, the memory foam will help relieve pressure and prevent sore spots from developing, particularly in your neck, back, hips, and knees. You’ll be able to quickly settle into the most comfortable position without tossing and turning all night.
The two features that really boost the comfort provided by the mattress are cooling gel and bamboo charcoal. The cooling gel infusion in the memory foam layer keeps you at the optimum sleeping temperature, drawing heat away from your body when needed. This way, you won’t wake up hot and drenched in sweat. The gel infusion also comes in handy especially since memory foam tends to feel a little hot for some sleepers.
The bamboo charcoal infusion in this BedStory 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress also brings its own benefits. Bamboo charcoal adds a cooling effect to the memory foam layer, perfectly complementing the gel infusion. Bamboo charcoal is also well-known for its ability to absorb and wick away moisture. All these features help you enjoy cool, sweat-free sleep each night.
The material is also naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic. With its bamboo charcoal infusion, the mattress will repel allergens such as dust mites and mold and keep unpleasant odors at bay. You won’t have to worry about the mattress causing skin irritation or aggravating allergies.
The supportive qualities of the BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress mostly come from its middle layer of convoluted foam and base layer of high-density foam. The convoluted foam layer is firmer than memory foam, so it will prevent you from sinking too far into the mattress. This helps keep your spine in proper alignment, which is key in relieving pressure and preventing body pain. Convoluted foam also gives the mattress a satisfying bounce, so you won’t feel trapped or smothered when you’re lying in bed.
At 6 inches thick, a base layer of foam provides a solid foundation for this BedStory mattress. Together with the middle layer of convoluted foam, the base layer keeps you from sinking into the mattress too much and maintains proper spinal alignment. No matter what your ideal sleeping style is, the base layer provides sufficient lumbar support and prevents any back pain.
Another great thing about using a memory foam mattress is that memory foam can absorb motion and prevent it from traveling across the mattress’ surface. This BedStory mattress’ foam layers can significantly cut down motion transfer. This comes in handy if you’re sharing the bed with a restless sleeper or if you don’t want to disturb your partner’s sleep by tossing and turning all night.
Durability & Warranty
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Queen Mattress is designed to last through years of regular use. This mattress is made from premium materials and has undergone strict quality control processes, so you can be sure that this mattress won’t get worn out before you get your money’s worth.
Memory foam mattresses like this BedStory mattress can last for at least 8 years. It will last just as long as similar memory foam mattress – with proper care, it may last even longer. According to sleep experts, memory foam mattresses usually have a longer lifespan compared to innerspring mattresses.
The bamboo charcoal infused into this BedStory mattress’ memory foam layer extends the mattress’ lifespan. Bamboo charcoal discourages the growth of mold and bacteria in the mattress, so it can stay fresh and clean for longer. The mattress’ soft-touch cover can also be removed to be wiped down or washed whenever needed.
The mattress itself is designed to be durable, with its 12-inch thickness. The thickness, along with the base layer of high-density foam, makes it unlikely for this BedStory mattress to fully compress under the sleeper. This way, the mattress will maintain its shape for a longer time. Stitching around the mattress’ edges also help keep the layers firmly in place.
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Queen Mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty, which starts from the date of purchase. The limited warranty will protect your purchase from defects in the mattress’ materials or in its workmanship and entitle you to a replacement, if needed.
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Mattress comes in two sizes to accommodate various sleeper needs. You can get this mattress in twin, full, queen, or king size so you can find the right mattress for your sleeping situation.
These are the sizes available for this BedStory mattress:
Twin 75″ L x 39″ W x 12″ H
Full 75″ L x 54″ W x 12″ H
Queen 80″ L x 60″ W x 12″ H
King 80″ L x 76″ W x 12″ H
All these options match the standard size for mattresses, so they’ll fit any bed frame you choose. You’ll even be able to use these mattresses on adjustable bed frames.
The queen-size BedStory mattress is the most popular choice for most consumers. It’s a great choice for couples and solo sleepers who want some extra space to move around in bed. Have dogs or cats? This queen-size mattress will be spacious enough to comfortably accommodate you and your pets.
And since these mattresses come at a standard size, you won’t have trouble finding matching sheets, toppers, and protectors. If you opt to use a mattress topper or protector that’s thicker than 2 inches, you may have to get deep pocket sheets for this BedStory mattress.
For its features, the BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress can be considered a moderately priced mattress. This is especially true if you compare this mattress to other mattresses with similar features.
Prices usually vary from one retailer to another, but you’ll find that this BedStory mattress is mid-range in price as far as bamboo charcoal-infused memory foam mattresses go.
This BedStory memory foam mattress is a great investment to make when it comes to establishing good sleep habits and improving sleep hygiene. The memory foam cradles your body’s natural curves and relieves pressure, no matter what position you sleep in, so you’ll always wake up feeling refreshed and energized. The middle and base layers ensure that your spine is always properly aligned and prevent the development of sore spots in your back, neck, and hips.
The durability of this BedStory mattress also makes its price tag worth it. You’ll get value for money with this mattress because it will be comfortable and supportive for many years’ worth of sleep. You’ll also get a 10-year limited warranty with this memory foam mattress, so you can definitely make the most of your purchase.
Who is this mattress ideal for?
The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress is a good choice for many sleepers. The mattress’ memory foam layers can accommodate a wide variety of sleeping styles.
- Side, stomach, or back sleepers – The memory foam layer of this BedStory mattress can adjust to your body’s unique shape and follow its natural curves. No matter what position you sleep in, the mattress will perfectly align your back and neck and ensure even weight distribution. The responsiveness of memory foam is particularly useful for side sleepers who need pressure relief in the shoulders and hips. With this BedStory mattress, you won’t wake up with sore points on your back, shoulders, hips, or knees.
- People who tend to “sleep hot” – Hot sleepers constantly feel warm, having a higher body temperature than normal. They have difficulties getting to the optimum sleeping temperature and enjoying deep, relaxing sleep. Thanks to its infusions of cooling gel and bamboo charcoal, this BedStory mattress helps regulate your temperature as you sleep and draws heat away from your body. This way, you can avoid overheating and achieve the restful sleep you need.
- Allergy sufferers and people sensitive to chemical smells – If you suffer from allergies or sensitivities to dust mites, mold, or dander, you’ll love using the BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam mattress. Bamboo charcoal is naturally anti-microbial, plus the material absorbs toxins and odors. Combined with memory foam’s anti-bacterial qualities, bamboo charcoal makes for a clean mattress that’s free from allergens and unpleasant odors.
- People suffering from back and shoulder pain – This BedStory’s memory foam mattress adjusts to your body’s shape, having enough give so that it cradles your body. Memory foam will also relieve pressure, so it won’t add pressure to sensitive areas of your body. This is especially helpful to people suffering from arthritis. If you use an adjustable bed for medical reasons, you’ll also be able to use this BedStory queen mattress.
- Restless sleepers – The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress is the perfect choice for restless sleepers because memory foam has the ability to absorb motion and cut down motion transfer. With this mattress, you won’t disturb your partner even if you often change positions throughout the night. Similarly, you’ll remain undisturbed if your partner tosses and turns in his or her sleep.
- The BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress offers memory foam, convoluted foam, and high-density foam for the perfect mix of plush comfort and conforming support.
- Infusions of cooling gel and bamboo charcoal in the memory foam layer regulate body temperature and draw heat away from the body.
- Bamboo charcoal material wicks away moisture and absorbs toxins and odors for more pleasant sleep.
- The convoluted foam layer encourages airflow throughout the mattress while providing sufficient bounce.
- The mattress gives you the lumbar support you need through its base layer of high-density foam.
- The mattress can be used even with adjustable beds.
- The mattress’ soft-touch cover is removable, making it easier to keep the mattress clean over time.
- Some consumers have found the mattress to be lacking in edge support.
- Despite the infusion of bamboo charcoal, the mattress may have a chemical odor (that will dissipate in 24 hours).
- The mattress has a medium-firm feel, which may initially feel too firm for some sleepers.
If you’re looking for a long-lasting mattress that can give you a clean, cool sleeping environment, consider getting the BedStory 12-Inch Bamboo Charcoal-Infused Memory Foam Mattress. The cooling gel and bamboo charcoal infusion in this mattress’ memory foam layer will regulate your sleeping temperature to help you relax and settle into deep sleep.
This BedStory mattress’ all-foam construction accommodates most sleeping positions, as well, providing sufficient pressure relief and eliminating sore spots.