An adjustable bed, also known as an electric bed, is a type of bed that has a multi-hinged surface. This type of bed allows you to adjust your head and feet to control the position that you sleep in, depending on what is most comfortable for you. Adjustable beds are widely popular because of their versatility as you can easily tweak your position for watching television, resting, and sleeping. One of the most common applications of adjustable beds is in hospitals where the patient’s position has to be adjusted (for sitting and sleeping) without much physical exertion. We have already written a complete guide about best foldable mattresses.
- WHO ARE ADJUSTABLE BEDS FOR?
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING AN ADJUSTABLE BED?
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN ADJUSTABLE BED?
- Type of mattresses:
- TOP 10 BEST ADJUSTABLE BEDS IN 2018 – CHART
- 1. Leggett & Platt and Dynasty Mattress S-Cape Adjustable Bed:
- 2. Reverie iDealBed Signature 8i:
- 3. Leggett & Platt S-Cape Performance Model:
- 4. Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort:
- 5. Serta 822119-950 Motion Essentials II:
- 6. Reverie 7S Adjustable Bed:
- 7. Serta Perfect Sleeper Bradburn Mattress Motion Essentials II:
- 8. Ergomotion 600 Adjustable Bed:
- 9. Sealy Reflexion UP Adjustable Base Foundation:
- 10. Vibrance Adjustable Bed Base by Fashion Bed Group:
WHO ARE ADJUSTABLE BEDS FOR?
Now that you know what adjustable beds are, let us take a look at who are these beds most suitable for:
- Single adults and couples: People that like to keep themselves occupied without having to make much of an effort will find that these adjustable beds are perfect for them. If you are looking to watch television, read a book, and sleep in your favorite position all from the luxury of your bed then adjustable beds are for you.
- Elderly: The high levels of comfort and support that adjustable beds provide make them suitable for the elderly, especially those that suffer from back pain. An adjustable bed with a memory foam mattress is most usually recommended for the elderly.
- Postoperative: As we mentioned earlier, adjustable beds are commonly used in hospitals because they help in the healing process after surgery. For people that are recovering from injury or surgery need to keep themselves restricted to certain positions and angles only, a remote-controlled adjustable bed is most suitable.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING AN ADJUSTABLE BED?
Adjustable beds are well known for their health benefits because they allow you to control the position that you sleep in every day. You can incline and recline your head and legs to a position that is most suitable for you. Through this, you can find a position that is not only comfortable for you but promotes blood circulation as well. With adjustable beds, you can achieve the following health benefits:
- Back pain: An adjustable bed allows you to calibrate the position of your bed so that it matches your body’s contours. This eventually means that your back will be in a well-rested position throughout the night that alleviates back pain and prevents conditions such as sciatica.
- Snoring: One of the most common causes of snoring is because the windpipe closes because of the weight of your neck when you lay down. With the help of an adjustable bed, you can incline the position of your head so that there are no obstructions in your windpipe. This will improve the quality of your sleep and significantly reduce the sound of snoring as well.
- Digestion: If you have problems with digestion then inclining your adjustable bed slightly upright can help process the food. Resting or sleeping in an inclined position will encourage healthy digestion and will also eliminate the risk of digestive disorders.
- Swelling and post-surgery recovery: Whenever you pull a limb or hurt yourself physically, you will always be told to elevate the affected area to prevent pain. By using an adjustable bed, you can position yourself in the correct position (as advised by your physician) to reduce swelling and discomfort.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN ADJUSTABLE BED?
The size of an adjustable bed can vary from as small as a twin-size to as large as a king-size. The size of the bed depends on your personal preference and requirements from the adjustable bed. Here is a guide on what sizes are available and who are they suitable for:
- Twin: A twin-sized bed has standard dimensions of 75 x 39 inches (length x width) and it can accommodate one adult or one child sleeper.
- Full: A full-sized bed has standard dimensions of 75 x 54 inches (length x width) and it is a tight fit for two adult sleepers. It is more convenient for single adults who are looking for more space in their bed.
- Queen: A queen-sized bed has standard dimensions of 80 x 60 inches (length x width) and it is the most popular size for a bed. This size is ideal for couples (or two adults).
- King: A king-sized bed is that largest size available for any type of bed and it has standard dimensions of 80 x 76 inches (length x width). The king-sized bed is also commonly termed as a family bed because it has sufficient space for the entire family. It can also be used by couples that are looking for the extra bit of space in their bed, provided that their room has enough space.
Another common size in adjustable beds is the Split King size. This type of adjustable bed consists of two twin-sized (approximately) beds that have been combined together. This makes it convenient to turn the adjustable bed into two separate beds when needed.
Type of motor:
The motor of an adjustable bed is another important consideration because it defines how easily and how well the bed moves. Adjustable beds come with two types of motors: AC motors and DC motors.
- AC motors need to be connected to an alternating current source (such as an electric socket) for working. These AC motors are generally much more reliable and durable than DC motors.
- DC motors need to be connected to a direct current source (such as a battery) for working. They are less expensive and smaller than AC motors but do not offer the same reliability as AC motors do.
When you are looking for an adjustable bed, it is advised that you look for a noiseless and durable motor so that it will last for years without a need for replacement or maintenance. The motor for an adjustable bed is an essential component of the bed and thus, it is important that you choose one that is extremely durable, reliable, and efficient.
Another important thing to consider in adjustable beds is the type of controls and features that it has. These controls allow you to calibrate the bed’s position according to your requirements. All the movements of the adjustable bed are controlled by these hand controls. There are two types of hand controls in adjustable beds: Wireless and Wired.
- Wired: These controls are attached to the adjustable bed and usually take up more space than wireless controls. These wired controls allow you to adjust different sections of the bed by making use of the buttons that are available. Wired controls offer a more stable and reliable connection with the bed than wireless controls.
- Wireless: An adjustable bed with wireless controls does not have cords or bulky connectors on them since they need to be controlled remotely. A wireless controller is provided with these adjustable beds that makes it convenient and easy to adjust the position of the bed even when you are lying down. However, on the downside, these wireless controls are subject to interference from signals emitted by other electrical devices.
You should look for an adjustable bed that has a friendly and intuitive user interface for controlling the bed’s position. The menu options on the control should be simple and easy to understand without the need of a guide.
One of the most common concerns that people have with adjustable beds is that they do not sit in well with the furniture. This is because these adjustable beds have mechanical controls and motors that can have a negative impact on the overall appearance of the bed. However, there are numerous adjustable beds that take care of this issue with their innovative and aesthetic designs. When you are out looking for an adjustable bed for your room, here are some factors that you should consider to determine how well the adjustable bed has been designed:
- Fabric: The mattress on an adjustable bed can come with a variety of fabrics. While the color and material used for the fabric is a personal choice and can vary from individual to individual, it is advised that you look for a fabric that is waterproof, resistant to dust mites, easily washable, and anti-microbial.
- Finish: An adjustable bed that conceals the flex points and motor looks more appealing to the eye than the ones that have these mechanical parts exposed. You should look for an adjustable bed that has an elegant finish to it with the mechanical parts of the bed hidden from plain sight.
Type of mattresses:
The comfort of an adjustable bed is directly linked with the type of mattress that it has. There are several types of adjustable bed mattresses available but they are generally divided into three categories: Foam, spring, and airbed.
- Foam mattress: A foam mattress makes use of one or more types of foam to provide support and stability. For these mattresses, a high-density foam such as memory foam mattresses offers a higher level of comfort than low-density foam such as polyurethane foam. Generally, memory foam mattresses provide maximum comfort and support since they can adapt themselves according to the weight applied to it. However, keep in mind that memory foam mattresses are the most expensive as well.
- Spring mattress: A spring mattress, also known as a coil mattress, is based on a steel coil system for support. These mattresses provide excellent stability but they are not as comfortable as memory foam mattresses. They offer good durability and support which makes them suitable for long-term use. However, it is also important to mention here that not all spring mattresses work well with adjustable beds. You have to look for one that is flexible so that the springs do not break when the bed is adjusted.
- Airbed mattress: An airbed mattress makes use of an adjustable air chamber (that is padded with foam or fiber) for providing support. This type of mattress is suitable for individuals that are looking for portability above everything else. These airbed mattresses provide a comfortable surface to rest on but they are not as supportive or durable as foam mattresses and spring mattresses. Airbed mattresses are also the least expensive of the three types of mattresses which makes them suitable for individuals who are restricted to a budget.
TOP 10 BEST ADJUSTABLE BEDS IN 2018 – CHART
|1. Leggett & Platt and Dynasty Mattress S-Cape Adjustable Bed||Memory Foam||$$$$||4.8|
|2. Reverie iDealBed Signature 8i||Steel||$$$$||4.7|
|3. Leggett & Platt S-Cape Performance Model||Fabric||$$$$||4.5|
|4. Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort||Steel||$$$||4.5|
|5. Serta 822119-950 Motion Essentials II||Cotton||$$$||4.5|
|6. Reverie 7S Adjustable Bed||Memory Foam||$$$$||4.3|
|7. Serta Perfect Sleeper Bradburn Mattress Motion Essentials II||Gel Memory Foam||$$$$||4.1|
|8. Ergomotion 600 Adjustable Bed||Fabric||$$$||4.1|
|9. Sealy Reflexion UP Adjustable Base Foundation||Fabric||$$$||4.1|
|10. Vibrance Adjustable Bed Base by Fashion Bed Group||Metal||$$$||4.1|
Leggett & Platt’s S-Cape series of adjustable beds is a premium model that offers all the range of features that are necessary for the perfect sleeping experience. The Leggett & Platt and Dynasty Mattress S-Cape adjustable bed features an intuitive design with wireless remote controls and an extremely comfortable memory foam mattress. The adjustable bed is also embedded with features such as dual massage and programmable positions that makes it stand out as one of the best adjustable beds available in the market today. You may also check out our list of the best mattresses for backpain.
The adjustable bed is available in a variety of sizes which makes it more convenient for you to make a choice. The adjustable bed has Twin size, Twin XL size, Full size, Full XL size, Queen-size, Split Queen size, Split King size, Split California King size. The dimensions for all these sizes are the same standard sizes as mentioned earlier (note that the XL version of twin-size and full-size are just 5 inches longer than the standard size). The height of the mattress is 25-inches for all sizes. It is important to mention here that the Split Queen, Split King, and Split California King sizes are made up of two mattresses that can be merged together (or separated) as needed. The California king size has dimensions of 84 x 72 inches (length x width) and is most suitable for tall individuals and couples.
Type of motor:
The Leggett & Platt and Dynasty Mattress adjustable bed has a quiet and reliable DC motor that has been mounted on the inside of the bed. The DC motor makes it more convenient to setup and control the adjustable bed since no power source is required. However, keep in mind that DC motors are less durable than AC motors and that you need to replace the batteries whenever they run out of juice (higher maintenance costs).
This adjustable bed has a wireless control system that makes it very easy and convenient to alter the position of the bed. The adjustable bed is accompanied with a wireless remote controller that can be used to adjust your head and foot position while lying down. It is also equipped with controls for repositioning the bed to a flat position directly and a separate massage controller that can be used to adjust the intensity of the massage motor. The remote also has a programmable memory position function that allows you to save a favorite position for added convenience. The Split Queen and Split King version of this adjustable bed come with two wireless remote controllers that can be used to control the position of each unit (or piece) of the adjustable bed independently.
The Leggett & Platt and DynastyMattress S-Cape adjustable bed features a simple and intuitive design with a stylish finish to it. The motor and other mechanical flex points on the adjustable bed are well-concealed that makes it look like a traditional home-bed. The mattress has a comfortable and supportive upholstery fabric that has a consistent gray pattern. The adjustable bed also has four casters attached to the legs that makes it convenient to move the bed around. Overall, the adjustable bed has one of the cleanest designs in the market today that is not only pleasing to the eye but incredibly comfortable as well.
Type of mattress:
This adjustable bed by Leggett & Platt and Dynasty Mattress features a 12-inch thick foam mattress that is filled with highly durable and comfortable memory foam. The foam mattress has a 5-layered foam with the outermost layer being made up of 1-inch of high-quality gel memory foam for optimum levels of comfort. Underneath this layer is a 4-inch of Visco-Elastic memory foam that provides stability and support to the mattress. The Visco-Elastic foam layer has two layers of 2-inch AirFlow foam beneath it with 3-inch resilient polyurethane base. This 5-layered foam mattress combines the versatility and durability of memory foam with the firmness and stability of a polyurethane base to provide a comfortable surface to lay down on.
- High-quality, high-density memory foam mattress that offers exceptional comfort and durability.
- Wireless remote controls make it very easy to calibrate the bed’s position without having to make much of a physical effort.
- Features such as WallHugger (that keeps you centered in the bed even as it moves) and Dual Massage add to the overall comfort of the adjustable bed.
- Available in all standard sizes including Split Queen and Split King.
- The DC motor used in the adjustable bed is not as durable and efficient as AC motors. This is likely to add to the maintenance cost of the bed.
- While they offer more convenience, wireless controls tend to be unreliable and can be subject to interference from other signals.
A robust and versatile adjustable bed base by Reverie that is equipped with all the essential features that you need from an adjustable bed. The iDealBed Signature 8i is a powerful adjustable bed with innovative features such as Bluetooth Smart connectivity and ultra-quiet massage. It makes use of powerful and noiseless DC motors that allow you to adjust your head and foot position to virtually any angle. Sadly though, this adjustable bed does not come with a mattress included which means that you will have to purchase one separately.
This adjustable bed base is available in the following sizes: Twin XL, Full, Queen, Split King, and Split California King. The dimensions of the Full, Queen, and Split King are the same as the standard dimensions while the Twin XL measures 80 x 39 inches (length x width) while the Split California King measures 84 x 72 inches (length x width). You can choose one of these sizes depending on your exact space requirements.
Type of motor:
The iDealBed Signature 8i features a powerful DC motor on each side of the bed with a lift capacity of approximately 850 pounds per side. The motors are powered by batteries and allow you to adjust the position of the bed easily at any angle. The DC motor functions quietly without making much noise, even when there is sufficient load on the adjustable bed.
The adjustable bed features a wireless design which means that you can control the bed’s position with the help of a wireless remote control. The remote control features 3 pre-set positions: Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore, and Flat. It also features 2 programmable memory positions that allow you to save your favorite bed positions for convenient changeover. A remote stand with a USB port and 2 AC outlets is also equipped with the adjustable bed.
One particular feature of interest in the iDealBed Signature 8i though is its Bluetooth Smart connectivity. You can turn your smartphone into a wireless controller for the adjustable bed by connecting them using Bluetooth! You will need to install the free app that is available on Google Play Store (for Android) and iTunes Store (for iOS) for controlling the adjustable bed. This is a nifty feature that can come quite in handy when you cannot find the wireless remote controller for the bed.
When it comes to the design, the iDealBed Signature 8i adjustable bed stands out as one of the best. Featuring a gray upholstery, the adjustable bed has 4 corner retainer bars that provide built-in lumbar support for keeping the mattress in perfect position. The material used for the construction of this adjustable bed is steel which adds to the overall appearance of the adjustable bed. The motors and mechanical flex points for the adjustable bed are concealed under the upholstery. All in all, the adjustable bed features a solid design that puts the focus on stability without compromising on the appearance of the adjustable bed.
Type of mattress:
Reverie does not include a mattress with the iDealBed Signature 8i that is a bit disappointing, especially considering that the adjustable bed itself is quite expensive. However, the good part is that this adjustable bed base is compatible with all adjustable mattress, no matter what the brand or make. This means that you can choose a foam mattress, coil mattress, or even an airbed mattress for the iDealBed Signature 8i according to your personal preference. If you are looking for an inexpensive option than an airbed mattress would do. On the other hand, if you are looking for comfort and durability then you should consider purchasing a high-quality memory foam mattress.
- A powerful wireless control system with useful features such as massage, Bluetooth connectivity, and programmable memory.
- Alluring design with strong construction that can support up to 850 pounds on each side.
- Ultra-quiet, heavy-duty DC motors that allow you to adjust the bed’s position to any desired angle.
- Expensive especially when you consider that there is no mattress included with the adjustable bed.
- No Twin-size option available for the adjustable bed.
This is yet another sturdy and flexible adjustable bed by the renowned manufacturer, Leggett & Platt. The S-Cape Performance Model focuses on providing you the perfect environment to sleep in with the focus on safety and stability. The high-performance motor on this adjustable bed combined with the Wallhugger engineering keep you comfortable and relaxed at all times.
This adjustable bed is available in one size only and that is the standard Split King size. The dimensions for the adjustable bed are 80 x 76 x 13 (length x width x height) without the mattress. If you are looking for a convenient sleeping solution for the entire family then this size is ideal for you but keep in mind that it will take up more space in your bedroom.
Type of motor:
The S-Cape Performance Model has a high-quality, quiet DC motor that can withstand a total capacity of 700 pounds. The powerful motor allows you to calibrate the head and foot position of the adjustable bed according to your requirements.
This adjustable bed by Leggett & Platt has a wireless control system that is equipped with all the necessary features. With the help of the wireless remote controller, you can adjust the head and foot position of the bed easily and conveniently. There is a preset Flat button for the adjustable bed with two programmable memory buttons for saving your favorite positions. There is a massage panel on the wireless remote controller as well. This panel allows you to readjust the intensity of the massage at head and foot level. Lastly, since this is a Split King adjustable bed, Leggett & Platt equips it with two wireless remote controllers that can be used for controlling the two parts of the adjustable bed independent of each other.
Following their traditional design pattern, Leggett & Platt hides away all signs of the motor and flex points on the adjustable bed. The DC motor is mounted on the inside of the bed that makes the design of the adjustable bed closer to that of a classical bed. The upholstery provides a consistent gray pattern to the entire bed that makes the mattress look more attractive. The adjustable bed also features 4-inch legs with casters that makes it very easy to move the adjustable bed around when needed.
Type of mattress:
This adjustable bed does not have a mattress included with it which means that you will have to purchase one separately. When looking for a mattress for this adjustable bed base, keep in mind that you can purchase a foam mattress, coil mattress, or airbed mattress for it. It is also important to mention here that since this adjustable bed is available in Split King Size only, you will either have to buy one king size mattress or two Twin XL size mattresses.
- Intuitive design with the motor and all other mechanical joints concealed.
- Dual massage is an amazing feature that can help keep relax after a tiring day.
- Casters on the leg of the mattress make it easy and convenient to move the adjustable bed around – enhanced portability.
- Does not have a mattress included in the package.
- Only available in Split King
- No preset button for Zero Gravity
- A DC motor can tend to have higher maintenance costs than an AC motor.
An economical adjustable bed that is perfect for anyone that is restricted to a limited budget. Adjustable Comfort by Classic Brands is an innovative and stylish adjustable bed that has been designed for comfort and durability. Whether you are looking to work on your computer, watch television, or take a quick powernap; this adjustable bed can take up any position that you want quickly and easily.
Adjustable Comfort is available in three different sizes: Twin XL, Full, and Queen. The Twin XL size has dimensions of 80 x 39 inches (length x width) while the Full size and Queen size have the same standard dimensions as mentioned earlier. Sadly though, there is no Split King or Split Queen size available for this adjustable bed.
Type of motor:
The DC motor used on this adjustable bed is capable of withstanding a total capacity of up to 650 pounds. The motor itself is powered by batteries and performs efficiently without making much noise during movement. The powerful motor allows the adjustable bed to be moved through any angle freely.
One of the most notable features of Adjustable Comfort is its intuitive control system. The control system is wireless and has been equipped with a well-designed wireless remote controller. Unlike most others, this remote controller has a display screen that shows you the current position of your bed. The display makes it easier to understand the controls that are available on the remote controller.
Moving on to the options that are available inside the control system, the wireless remote has preset positions for Flat, Zero Gravity, Lounge, and TV. There is also a dual massage option that allows you to control the head massage and foot massage features separately. You can also control the vibrational intensity of the massage with the remote. However, on the downside, there is no option for programmable memory which means that you cannot save other positions that you like. The adjustable bed also comes with a built-in USB charging port to make it more convenient for you to charge your smartphone.
The Adjustable Comfort adjustable bed has an inventive design with a brawny steel construction. The motor is mounted on the inside of the adjustable bed and all mechanical joints are masked by the outer polyester cover. For the base, the adjustable mattress has six legs instead of the traditional four legs on most other adjustable beds. Not only this, but these legs have adjustable heights themselves too. You can keep the base for the adjustable bed as low as 4-inches and as high as 10.5-inches with the help of these adjustable legs. The adjustable bed is also equipped with a foot bar to prevent the mattress from sliding off the base.
Type of mattress:
Classic Brands does not include a mattress with the Adjustable Comfort adjustable bed base. This means that you will have to look for a mattress for this adjustable bed separately. For a comfortable and pleasing experience, you can turn your attention towards the various memory foam mattresses available out there. On the other hand, if you are looking for an inexpensive choice then an airbed mattress or spring mattress could be the right option.
- Value for money – the adjustable bed provides premium high-end features for an astonishingly low price.
- Easy to assemble and set up.
- The wireless remote controller is well-designed that makes it easier for the user to understand the available options.
- 6 adjustable legs for the base provide excellent support and can be used to adjust the height of the bed when needed.
- No programmable memory in the remote controller.
- No Split King Size
- The mattress has to be purchased separately that eventually adds to the overall cost of the adjustable bed.
A luxurious and lightweight adjustable bed from the Serta Motion Essentials collection that prioritizes comfort above everything else. The high-performance motor combined with a smooth lifting system allow you to find the most comfortable positions for yourself as you watch television, read a book, use your laptop, and take a nap.
This adjustable bed is available in four sizes: Twin XL, Full, Queen, and Split California King. The variety of sizes makes it convenient for you to choose the perfect size according to your requirements. The Twin XL size is suitable for single adults, the Full size is suitable for individuals that like having a lot of free space to themselves, the Queen size is suitable for couples, and the Split California King is large enough to occupy an entire family.
Type of motor:
The Serta 822119-950 Motion Essentials II makes use of a noiseless DC motor that has a lifting capacity of up to 650 pounds (including the mattress). This motor can handle transitions from one position to another seamlessly without jerking. The powerful motor supports movement on a wide range of angles so that you can adjust the bed to your favorite positions.
The control system on the Serta 822119-950 Motion Essentials II is a wired system that is equipped with a simple and easy-to-use wired remote control for adjusting the bed’s position. There are six controls available on the button: Two of these are for controlling the head position, two are for controlling the foot position, and the remaining two buttons are for preset positions Flat and Lounge. The wired connection can make it difficult to control the bed’s position from a distance (such as when you are lying down on the bed). However, the good part is that a wired remote is much less likely to be misplaced than a wireless one.
Moving on to the design and build of the adjustable bed, the Serta 822119-950 has a solid metal construction with 7-inch black metal legs and a chrome retainer bar for preventing the mattress from slipping on. As for the design, the mattress is covered in a brilliant white fabric that is not only appealing but durable as well. On the downside though, the motor and mechanical joints on the adjustable bed are not concealed which takes away some points from its overall appearance.
Type of mattress:
In order to cut down the price, Serta has not included a mattress with this adjustable bed. This means that you will have to keep the cost of a mattress in mind before buying the Serta 822119-950 Motion Essentials II. On the positive side of things, the standard size conventions that have been used for this adjustable bed make it easier to find a mattress. The adjustable bed is also compatible with all types of mattresses i.e. foam mattress, spring mattress, and airbed mattress.
- Strong metal construction with a solid base that can handle up to 650 pounds.
- The wired control system is more efficient and reliable than wireless control systems.
- Beautiful and durable white upholstery.
- No mattress included with the adjustable bed.
- The DC motor and mechanical joints on the mattress are visible.
- No massage or anti-snore feature available.
Reverie integrates modern-day technology with classical design to present to you the premium adjustable bed, Reverie 7S. This adjustable bed has been constructed with a durable steel body with a fashionable upholstery cover that gives the bed a polished look. The Reverie 7S fits in perfectly with both modern and classic furniture that make it an appropriate choice for your bedroom.
The Reverie 7S adjustable bed is available in Twin XL, Queen, Split King, and Split California King. However, there is no Full size available for this Reverie 7S which is a little disappointing. If you are looking for a size that is suitable for the entire family (or if you are very tall), then the Split California King size with dimensions 84 x 72 inches (length x width) is perfect for you.
Type of motor:
This adjustable bed is equipped with a powerful, noiseless motor that can sustain a weight of up to 850 pounds (including the mattress). The DC motor is powered by batteries and it allows you to adjust the head and foot positions for the bed to virtually any angle of your choice.
The adjustable bed has a wireless control system that offers a range of features for enhancing comfort and support. The adjustable bed can be controlled by the wireless remote controller provided that has three preset positions: Zero Gravity, Flat, and Anti-Snore. The wireless controller also has two programmable memory positions that allow you to save positions that you like. There is also a massage feature in the adjustable mattress that can be controlled by the wireless remote as well. You can choose between head only massage, foot only massage, and full-body massage. You can also adjust the intensity of the massage with the controller.
Another feature of particular interest is the Bluetooth Mobile Module that allows you to take control of your Reverie 7S through your smartphone or tablet. All you need to do is to install the app on your device and connect it with the adjustable bed via Bluetooth.
This adjustable bed by Reverie features one of the most ergonomic and beautiful designs available in the market today. With a solid steel construction that is surrounded by a fine gray upholstery, this adjustable bed has a polished look that fits in with both classic and modern furniture. The motor is mounted to the inside and all mechanical joints are well concealed under the upholstery. For the mattress, there are four corner retainers that firmly hold the mattress in place to prevent it from sliding. All in all, the Reverie 7S features a design that is not only attractive but comfortable and durable as well.
Type of mattress:
The Reverie 7S has just about everything that you need from an adjustable bed, except for the mattress itself. Reverie has left the choice of mattress up to you so that you can choose one that suits you the most. You will have to purchase the mattress separately for this adjustable bed. Our recommendation is that you buy a memory foam mattress since it best suits the high-end features offered by the Reverie 7S. A memory foam mattress is the best choice if you are looking for optimum levels of comfort and enhanced durability. However, if you are looking for an inexpensive option then we would suggest that you purchase a spring mattress or an airbed mattress.
- Alluring, sturdy design with a fine fabric upholstery and a strong steel construction.
- Wide range of features that include full-body massage, anti-snore position, zero gravity position, and programmable memory positions.
- Bluetooth connectivity provides convenient (for when you do not have access to the wireless remote controller).
- The DC motor is powerful and reliable – it can withstand a total weight of up to 850 pounds.
- Pricey considering the fact that this is an adjustable bed base only (no mattress included).
- No Full size version available for the adjustable bed.
- Adjustable beds with a standalone (single) DC motor tend to have higher maintenance costs since the lifespan of these motors is shorter.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Motion Essentials II adjustable bed is the ultimate solution for an amazing bedroom experience. Serta makes use of its own Perfect Sleeper memory foam mattress to provide optimum levels of comfort and support for the sleeper. The high-performance motors used in this adjustable bed make it very easy and convenient to control the bed’s position. Enjoy a lounge-like experience right from your bed with the help of the Serta Perfect Sleeper Motion Essentials II.
The Serta Perfect Sleeper Motion Essentials II is available in the entire variety of bed sizes. It is available in Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, California King, and Split King size. All of these sizes have the same standard dimensions as we mentioned earlier in this guide while the California King size has dimensions of 84 x 72 inches (length x width) and is suitable for families that are looking for that extra bit of space in their bed.
Type of motor:
Serta has equipped this Perfect Sleeper Motion Essentials II adjustable bed with separate motors for adjusting head and food positions of the bed. These powerful and durable motors have a lifting capacity of 650 pounds per base. These high-performance motors provide a smooth and seamless lifting system that allows the adjustable bed to be calibrated to any position that you like.
There is a simple and easy four-button wired system available with the Serta Perfect Sleeper Motion Essentials II adjustable bed. The wired remote control has the four primary options for adjusting the head and foot position of the adjustable bed and that is it. There are no additional features for massage, preset positions, or programmable positions in the control system which is a drawback of this adjustable bed by Serta.
The adjustable bed has a minimalistic design with a beautiful white and gray patterned upholstery. The motor and other mechanical joints are hidden under the upholstery that makes the mattress look more appealing. The metal legs at the base of the mattress provide stability and support but they are not adjustable i.e. the adjustable bed is not height adjustable. For the mattress, a zero clearance design has been adopted with a bottom retainer to ensure that the mattress fits in perfectly on top of the adjustable bed base.
Type of mattress:
This adjustable bed includes the Serta Perfect Sleeper Super Pillow Mattress that has been designed for comfort and durability. The Perfect Sleeper Mattress is made with Gel Memory Foam that provides excellent levels of comfort. The Cool Twist and Cool Balance technology used on the mattress ensure that the mattress does not toss and turn when the adjustable bed is aligned to a different position. For additional support, Serta has also included the Custom Support Flex 704 Innerspring that provides support for the neck and back. All in all, the mattress is incredibly comfortable and supportive that perfectly complements the features that are available with the adjustable bed.
- An extremely comfortable and durable memory foam mattress is included with the adjustable bed.
- Beautiful, minimalistic design that fits in well with the furniture.
- Available in all standard bed sizes.
- Economical especially when we consider the fact that a premium memory foam is included with the adjustable bed.
- Bare-minimum features offered with the adjustable bed – no massage and no preset positions. You can only adjust the head and foot position.
- The bed does not feature the same quality of construction as some of the other options – it can only support a weight of 650 pounds (including the high-density mattress) and therefore it is expected to have a shorter lifespan than other adjustable beds.
This is another economical choice for an adjustable bed that offers great value for money. The Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed features an ergonomic design that has been optimized for best durability and performance. The adjustable bed has head and foot motors that lower the mattress with the help of gravity instead of pulling downwards. This enhances the lifespan of the motors that reduces the maintenance costs for the adjustable bed and improves overall performance.
This adjustable bed is available in only two sizes: Full and Queen. The Full size for the Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed has dimensions of 75 x 54 inches (length x width) that makes it suitable for children and single adults. On the other hand, the Queen size has dimensions of 80 x 60 inches (length x width) that is well-suited for couples and small families. However, there is no Twin size or Split size option available for the Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed which means that you will have limited choices for size only.
Type of motor:
The Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed is powered by a DC motor that supports a maximum weight of up to 850 pounds. The adjustable bed is also fitted with four massage motors at the head and foot level for providing a 6-level massage function. The motor provides a smooth and noiseless lifting system that can be controlled via a wireless remote or smartphone (via Bluetooth)
The wireless control system on the Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed is filled with rich features that include Bluetooth compatibility, 6 level massage, and preset positions for enhanced comfort. For controlling the adjustable bed, Ergomotion has provided a wireless remote controller. With this controller, you can choose between two preset positions: Flat and Zero Gravity. For the massage, you can choose between a 10-minute, 20-minute, and 30-minute massage that can be controlled at the head and foot level individually. The adjustable bed is also Bluetooth compatible which means that you can also operate the bed directly from your smartphone (with the help of the free app provided by Ergomotion).
The Ergomotion 600 adjustable bed features a contemporary design with a black-colored metal base and a black-and-white fabric upholstery. The legs on this adjustable bed are removable which means that you can adjust the height of the bed according to your requirements. The motor is mounted on the inside of the bed and the mechanical controls are concealed by the upholstery. On the downside though, there are no retainers available for holding the mattress firmly in place. For the adjustable bed itself though, there are Headboard Brackets included in the package that allow you to station the adjustable bed near a wall.
Type of mattress:
Ergomotion has excluded the mattress from this adjustable bed which eventually means that you will have to purchase one for yourself. The adjustable bed base is compatible with all standard sizes and types of mattresses (foam, spring, and airbed) that makes it easier to look for a mattress. For the Full-sized adjustable bed base, you will need to purchase a Full-sized mattress as well and the same applies for the Queen-sized bed.
- Feature-rich adjustable bed with comfort enhancing features such as 6 level massage and Zero Gravity position.
- The wireless control system is easy to understand and use.
- Adjustable height (since the legs on the adjustable bed are removable).
- Powerful DC motor that can withstand a weight of up to 850 pounds.
- No mattress included with the package.
- Lack of variety of sizes (only Full and Queen are available).
- No retainers available for locking in the mattress to the adjustable bed.
If you are looking to change over from your traditional bed to an adjustable variety then Sealy’s Reflexion UP is the perfect choice for you. It is easy-to-use, economical, and reliable which makes it an ideal option for individuals who are not familiar with adjustable beds. Made in the USA, this adjustable bed has all the necessary features that you need for optimum comfort and durability.
The Sealy Reflexion UP is available in all the standard sizes for adjustable beds i.e. Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, Split King, and Split California King. The wide variety of sizes makes it easier and more convenient to choose the right bed size according to your exact requirements.
Type of motor:
The adjustable bed is powered by a versatile and sturdy DC motor that allows the bed to be moved through a 65-degree angle. It is important to mention here that this adjustable bed can be moved at the head level only. The motor provides a noiseless and seamless lifting experience and a long service life for reduced maintenance costs and better reliability.
The Sealy Reflexion UP adjustable bed features a simple wired control system with a 3-button interface. There are only two features included in this adjustable bed – the first is for controlling the head position (up and down) and the second is for directly reverting to a flat-surfaced position. There is nothing much else to talk about in terms of the controls for this adjustable bed.
This adjustable bed has a uniform gray upholstery that covers all the mechanical parts for presenting an overall consistent outlook. The motor for this adjustable bed is mounted on the inside as well. Another notable feature here is that this adjustable bed base does not have attached legs. This means that you can place this adjustable bed base directly on a standard-sized bed frame (or you could purchase optional legs as well). For the mattress, this adjustable bed has a retainer bar on the bottom to ensure firm grip and support.
Type of mattress:
The Sealy Reflexion UP is one of the most economical choices for an adjustable bed available in the market today. However, in order to achieve such an astonishing price, Sealy has not included the mattress with this adjustable bed. This means that you will have to look for a mattress for this adjustable bed separately. The Reflexion UP adjustable bed is compatible with foam mattresses, spring mattress, and airbed mattresses. You can even use your current mattress with the bed if you like (just ensure that it is flexible and adjustable-friendly to prevent damage to the mattress).
- The most economical adjustable bed available in this list.
- Consistent, attractive outlook that sits well with furniture (particularly black-colored furniture).
- Available in all standard sizes.
- Suitable choice for changing over from a traditional bed to an adjustable bed.
- The features are scarce – the most that you can do with this adjustable bed is adjust head positions.
- Does not have a mattress included in the package (that eventually adds to the overall cost).
This is a stylish and comfortable adjustable bed base that makes it convenient for you to spend hours in your bedroom without having to move. The beautiful white fabric that is used for the upholstery of this mattress makes it a suitable choice to go along with your bedroom furniture. You may also want to check out the best memory foam mattresses.
This adjustable bed base by Fashion Bed Group is available in Twin XL and Queen sizes. The Twin XL size has dimensions of 80 x 38 x 16.5 inches (length x width x height) while the Queen size has dimensions of 80 x 60 x 16.5 inches (length x width x height). The sizes that are available make it a suitable choice for single adults and couples but if you have different space requirements then you might need to consider the other options for an adjustable bed.
Type of motor:
The Vibrance adjustable bed base features the Whisper Quiet motor that can support a maximum weight of 550 pounds. The motor allows the head to be elevated to a 59-degree angle and the feet to be elevated to a 45-degree angle. Altogether, the powerful motor allows the adjustable bed to be moved through a wide range of angles freely.
This adjustable bed has a wired control system with options for calibrating the base of the bed. A wired remote controller is used for operating the adjustable bed. On the remote control, there are six buttons available: Two for adjusting head position, two for adjusting foot position, and two for adjusting head and foot position simultaneously. Surprisingly, there is no option available for reverting the bed to a flat surface. This makes it a bit annoying since you will have to recalibrate the adjustable bed to a flat surface using the head and foot controls.
This adjustable bed features a simple and straightforward design that focuses more on functionality than on appearance. The motor is mounted on the outside of the adjustable bed and the mechanical joints are visible as well. There is a retainer bar at the bottom of the bed for preventing the mattress from sliding or slipping off the bed. The design for this adjustable bed is not aesthetic nor alluring in any way but it manages to provide a comfortable and durable experience for the user.
Type of mattress:
This is another adjustable bed base that does not come with a mattress included in the package. According to Vibrance, the adjustable bed is compatible with the foam, spring, and airbed mattresses by most brands given that they are adjustable-friendly. This means that you can either purchase a new mattress of choice for this adjustable bed or you can use your current mattress with it (just ensure that it is flexible and durable enough to withstand the adjustments).
- Quiet and versatile motor that can move seamlessly through a wide range of angles.
- Comfortable and durable design.
- No features for massage, preset positions, or programmable memory positions.
- Unappealing design – the motors and other mechanical joints are all visible from under the bed. The adjustable bed will not look good with the rest of the furniture in the room, especially wooden furniture.
- Does not include a mattress in the package.
An adjustable bed gives you the luxury of turning your bedroom into a lounge, study, and living room all at the same time. This type of bed helps you settle into your own favorite positions for reading, writing, eating, and sleeping without having to move from your bed! An adjustable bed is particularly useful in reducing stress, treating back pain, and recovering from injury or surgery. However, the real challenge comes in choosing the right adjustable bed. Due to the fact that adjustable beds are so complicated themselves, this can be a difficult decision to make. This guide outlines all the factors that need to consider when you are buying an adjustable bed to assist you in picking the best one for yourself.